Fort Greene Chapter

National Society Daughters of the American Revolution

Brooklyn, New York

 

 

The Fort Greene Chapter, NSDAR was organized on December 3, 1896, in Brooklyn, New York. It is named in honor of General Nathaniel Greene, who oversaw the construction of the fort (then called Fort Putnam) in 1776. The chapter has 29 members.

Mrs. Stephen V. White, Organizing Regent, was largely responsible for raising the necessary funds from Congress, State and local resources to build the Fort Greene Martyrs' Monument. The Fort Greene Chapter was instrumental in this effort, the primary reason for this chapter's formation. The site is the largest single Revolutionary War grave in the country, with over 11,500 war dead.

The chapter meets on the second Saturday of the month at 1:00 p.m.

For membership information, please contact Janet Skinner , Chapter Registrar, or call 718-638-4784.





The DAR insignia is the property of, and is copyrighted by, the National Society of the Daughters of the American Revolution.
Web hyperlinks to non-DAR sites are not the responsibility of the NSDAR, the state organization, or individual DAR chapters.

Site maintained by Jan Johnpier. Last updated 12 January 2009.