During the severe winter of 1708-09, a party of pilgrims sailed up Hudson's River and landed
at what is called Quassaick Creek which is a short distance from Newburgh, New York. This
settlement took the name of "the Palatine Parish of Quassaick." The chapter was founded on
Sept 4, 1893, and was named for
this settlement. It was also the name of a tribe of Indians who inhabited this region.
Quassaick Chapter, has 44 members and
meets at varying times. For meeting times and membership information, please contact
P. Jill Moore.